The Nuclear Age Begins
These early documents chronicle the beginnings of the atomic age.
- 1939 Meitner and Frisch's Nature Article: Disintegration of Uranium by Neutrons
- 1939 Einstein's Letter to President Roosevelt
- 1939 President Roosevelt's response to Dr. Einstein
- 1940 Frisch-Peierls Memorandum: On the Construction of a "Super-bomb"
- 1940 Frisch-Peierls Memorandum: Properties of a Radioactive "Super-bomb"
- 1941 The MAUD Report
Any one who says that with the means at present at our disposal and with our present knowledge we can utilize atomic energy is talking moonshine.